Head of Group Treasury (m/f)
We are looking for a Head of Group Treasury to manage the Group’s treasury risks, which includes management of liquidity, cash management structures, cash flow forecasting, funding structures, loan facility covenant compliance, surplus cash investment, interest rate and forex exposures, banking relationships, operational treasury risks and reporting.
Working as an integral part of the Group’s Finance Leadership Team in addressing the challenges facing the Group’s finance function. There is no separate team for treasury for now, so initially, the role will not include people management.
FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
- Accountability for the key Treasury risks including foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk, funding/liquidity risk
- Management of FX and interest rate risks on the group’s P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Forex risk management (Bookings and Forex Exposure monitoring) across the Group
- Active management of the portfolio of FX exposures and transactional risks that the group may be face on an ongoing basis.
- Assessment and implementation of the active hedging program in accordance with group policy.
- Execution of forex hedging transactions.
FUNDING AND CAPITAL-DEBT STRUCTURE
- Analyze and optimize Capital structure - Debt funding
- Review and endorse monthly funding requests (trade payable, opex and capex ) from all operating locations and business activities (C2B, B2B, financing services…)
- Alignment of IC funding to market rates (for Transfer Pricing)
- Monitoring of covenants for external debt
- Negotiation and finalization of banking facilities.
- Providing oversight and guidance on the group’s credit risk
- WACC Calculations
LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT. CASH FLOW & WORKING CAPITAL
- Cash and liquidity management (short to medium term)
- Prepare weekly cash-flow and projection reports on group level (based on weekly submissions from all operating locations ) and work out funding plan accordingly
- Manage existing Cash Management Solutions
- Working capital management across the Group
- Surplus cash investment
- Managing the Relationship with Bankers and Lenders
- Monitor and control the group 's bank charges (including charges on retail recipient channels) and finance cost at an optimal and effective level.
INTERNAL CONTROL & POLICIES
- Develop and implement group treasury policies and guidelines for adherence by the finance/ treasury team(s) in all operating locations.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Handle FX exposure reports & perform FX analysis
- Prepare month-end/quarter-end Treasury report & schedules (Working Capital…)
- Treasury Risk Register & Appetite levels compliance monitoring
- Prepare cash position report & variance report
- Prepare dashboards and ad-hoc reporting
- Drive the necessary process and system automation in the treasury discipline
- Lead Treasury projects such as setting up Treasury Management System implementation
- Taking an active role in acquisitions and disposals including due diligence, sale and purchase agreements and post-deal integration
What you need to bring
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting with sound experience in treasury management gained from multinational or sizeable organization preferably with retail business in multiple countries.
- Should have a thorough understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments, bank account management, and international funds flows.
- Excellent negotiating skills. Demonstrate excellent persuasive and negotiation skills, as they will be required to represent the group on treasury matters of a complex nature.
- Team spirit, self-motivation and a proactive and committed working style, as well as the ability to interact in a global work environment with people from different countries and cultures
What we offer
- Office in the city centre of Berlin (Alexanderplatz).
- German courses in the office if you don’t already speak German.
- A generous budget for trainings of your choice.
- Fun team events (Office BBQ + drinks season is ahead of us...)
- An international team of A-class members with previous experience of buying, building and selling unicorns
- Open mindset for new technologies and processes
- Vibrant team culture with team members from all over the world